Major U.S. indexes end sharply lower; Nasdaq slides 2.6%
Tech weakest major S&P sector; energy sole gainer
Dollar, crude rise; gold, bitcoin dip
U.S. 10-Year Treasury yield rises to ~1.88% Jan 18 – Welcome to the home for real-time coverage of markets brought to you by Reuters reporters. You can share your thoughts with us at firstname.lastname@example.org U.S. STOCKS BODY-SLAMMED (1605 EST/2105 GMT)Wall Street’s main indexes were tossed to the floor on Tuesday as weak results from Goldman Sachs weighed on financial stocks and tech shares continued their sell-off to start the year as U.S. Treasury yields continued to ascend.Indeed, the U.S. 10-year yield has nearly hit 1.88%. With this, chip stocks (.SOX) , FANGs (.NYFANG) and small caps (.RUT) were among the biggest losers on the day. Tech (.SPLRCT) was the weakest major S&P 500 (.SPX) sector, with financials (.SPSY) hot on its heels. Energy (.SPNY) was the […]
Click here to view original web page at www.reuters.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!