Nuclear exposure has returned to European ETFs after eight years Regardless of a nuclear fusion reactor achieving net positive energy for the first time, which could make uranium-based nuclear fission obsolete within decades, the Sprott Uranium UCITS ETF (URNM) remains my ETF launch of the year.
Commercial-scale fusion power will not be available until the mid-2030s at the earliest. In the meantime, we have more than a decade of green transition to enact amid an inflection point for Europe as it pivots away from Russian oil and gas reliance.
URNM’s launch was perfectly timed to capture the convergence of these macro events which pushed the case for expanded nuclear capacity in the near term. In fact, the International Energy Agency said nuclear capacity needs to double for Net Zero 2050 targets to be met while BNP Paribas Wealth Management CIO Edmund Shing previously told ETF Stream Europe must adopt nuclear or […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content