Jewellery retailers have reopened all their showrooms and footfalls across stores have improved in the last 2-3 months despite the continuing pandemic-related uncertainties. The coronavirus pandemic has further enhanced consumers’ interest in online shopping across various product categories; however, the retail jewellery market is still being driven by the touch-and-feel factor. While online sales have increased, its share of revenues remains insignificant at less than 5 per cent in the retail jewellery market, said a report by rating agency ICRA. Unlike other retail products, customers prefer to see jewellery designs in person as the touch-and-feel factor took prevalence, the report added. The survey conducted to assess the impact of Covid-19 on business, consumer sentiments post-lockdown, and their expectations on gold prices, festive / wedding demand, etc post-lockdown revealed that retailers have reopened all their showrooms and footfalls across stores have improved in the last 2-3 months despite the continuing […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content