FinancialNewsMedia.com News Commentary
PALM BEACH, Fla., June 16, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Canada has a long record in the history of uranium mining. In Canada, uranium ores first came to public attention in the early 1930s when the Eldorado Gold Mining Company began operations at Port Radium, Northwest Territories, to recover radium. A refinery to produce radium was built the following year at Port Hope, Ontario, some 5000 km away. Canada is a country rich in uranium resources and a long history of exploration, mining and generation of nuclear power… To 2019, more uranium had been mined in Canada than any other country – 539,773 tU, about one-fifth of the world total. In 2020 it was overtaken by Kazakhstan/Uzbekistan according to a report from World-Nuclear.org. The report said that: "Production comes mainly from the McArthur River (currently suspended) and Cigar Lake mines in northern Saskatchewan province, which are the largest […]
Click here to view original web page at www.prnewswire.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!