With the push for more renewable sources of energy and electric vehicles comes the need for the materials needed to produce them. Demand for metals, such as cobalt, lithium, copper, and uranium is predicted to grow much faster than available supply.
Finding new sources of these minerals is going to take innovation and new types of technology, such as artificial intelligence (AI).
One company fueling the shift to electric power is KoBold Metals, a minerals explorer that is using AI to find the cobalt resources manufacturers need. Privately held, Kobold is funded in part by climate tech group Breakthrough Energy, which is backed by Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, Richard Branson, and Michael Bloomberg, to name a few of Breakthrough’s heavy hitters. Founded in 2015 by Gates, Breakthrough Energy is “concerned about the impacts of accelerating climate change” and “supports the innovations that will lead the world to net-zero emissions." Investors also […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content