Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) A rally in the stock market does not mean investors have forgotten their fear, which is why "gold’s story is not over yet," according to a report by RBC Capital Markets.
"After a precipitous vaccine news-driven decline, gold’s current price levels still leave unanswered questions," RBC’s commodity strategists wrote last week. "Despite seemingly buoyant markets, we do not think that investors have forgotten their fear; thus gold’s story is not yet over amid ongoing the economic, financial and political uncertainty.
Vaccine news does not automatically fix the economic downturn the U.S. has seen this year. It does not solve all the other problems, including inflation and unemployment, the report noted.
"2020 has been a year of uncertainty, underscored by a […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content