Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) – Opposing forces in the marketplace will provide gold little direction heading into the new year; however, analysts at Goldman Sachs are maintaining their bullish outlook through 2021.
In a report published Friday, the investment bank said that it is maintaining its 2021 gold price target of $2,300 an ounce as the global economy balances between positive news of potential vaccines for the COVID-19 virus and the near-term risks of further economic devastation.
Although Goldman Sachs economists are expecting to see a strong economic recovery in the U.S. and worldwide, commodity analysts Jeffrey Currie and Mikhail Sprogis, the authors of the gold report, said that there is still a “strong strategic case for gold.”
“In our view, the structural bull […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content