Strengths The best performing precious metal for the week was platinum, up 4.64 percent on perhaps sentiment that demand should pick up with more hydrogen research and production. Gold edged up on Friday as the U.S. dollar weakened on German data showing factories recovering solidly. The yellow metal finished the week positive after a steep drop last week.
Gold exports to the U.K. from Switzerland hit a one-year high in September, according to data from the Swiss customs authority. Bloomberg reports bullion bars are being sent to London vaults to meet requirements for physically backed ETFs.
Russia’s largest gold producer, Polyus PJSC, announced its Skuhoi Log deposit in Siberia holds the world’s biggest gold reserves, according to a new audit. Data shows the deposit has 40 million ounces of proven reserves with an average gold content of 2.3 grams per ton.
Weaknesses The worst performing precious metal for […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content