Strengths The best performing precious metal for the week was palladium, up 12.68%. Palladium soared to the highest in four months, writes Bloomberg, with traders looking to secure supplies amid growing tensions over Ukraine as Russia, the top metal producer, amassed troops near the border. The metal that is mostly used in catalytic converters rose as much 8.3% on Wednesday, extending this year’s rally to almost 25%. Looking at the over-the-counter market, Bloomberg notes that the metal has sunk into backwardation, which is a market structure in which spot prices are higher than those for forwards. This signals tightening availability.
Gold imports by India accelerated to the highest level in a decade last year as jewelry sales almost doubled, with the demand outlook remaining bright, according to the World Gold Council. Demand revived after two bleak years as Indians once again flocked to jewelry stores in 2021 as fears […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content