An Argor-Heraeus SA branded two hundred and fifty gram gold bar, center, sits in this arranged photograph at Solar Capital Gold Zrt. in Budapest, Hungary.
Akos Stiller | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Gold prices were little changed on Wednesday, staying above the $1,900-mark, as uncertainties about U.S. elections and surging global Covid-19 cases countered pressure from a firmer dollar and fading hopes of an immediate U.S. stimulus package.
Spot gold was steady as $1,906.15 per ounce by 0329 GMT. U.S. gold futures were down 0.3% at $1,907.10.“Investors need a reason to buy more gold and the reason to buy gold will come from a policy signal,” said Stephen Innes, chief global market strategist at Axi.“With the virus raging all over, we are going to get stimulus at some point … This is also probably leaning towards more central bank intervention because the economic hit is going to be quite significant,” he […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content