Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold and silver futures prices are modestly up in early U.S. trading Friday, and did hit six-week highs overnight. The metals markets have been lifted this week due in part to a slumping U.S. dollar index that hit a nine-week low overnight. Safe-haven demand is also featured in the gold and silver markets Friday morning, heading into an uncertain weekend. December gold futures were last up $5.70 at $1,952.40 and December Comex silver was last up $0.569 at $25.76 an ounce.
The gold and silver markets have posted solid rallies in the wake of the U.S. elections, mostly boosted by the depreciating value of the U.S. dollar but also likely from safe-haven demand […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content