Bailouts and stimulus are not the best solution to the Covid pandemic.
What is? Possibly…insurance.
I know it’s far from perfect, but I think it could still be the best overall option.
On some level, it’s surprising that the role of insurance has gotten so little attention in this crisis.After all, us and future generations will have to pay for all these massive bailouts.Of course, most of that responsibility has fallen on government so far.Some have resorted to printing, while others have turned to selling a portion of their gold reserves.In my view, that points to the ultimate solution; we should all be aiming to self-insure.And gold promises to be a top choice to that end. Pandemic Insurance: Underrated? In its latest report, the Global Preparedness Monitoring Board (GPMB), a joint effort by the world Health Organization (WHO) and the World Bank Group, said the pandemic has cost over $11 trillion so […]
Click here to view original web page at www.kitco.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!