Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – The gold market is holding on to gains but is seeing little reaction to significantly better-than-expected sentiment in the U.S. manufacturing sector, according to the latest data from the Institute for Supply Management (ISM).
Monday, the ISM said its manufacturing index showed a reading of 59.3% for October, up from September’s reading of 55.4% and beating expectations. According to consensus forecasts, economists were expecting to see a reading of 55.6%.
According to reports, this is the highest positive reading in the survey since December 2018."“The manufacturing economy continued its recovery in October. Survey Committee members reported that their companies and suppliers continue to operate in reconfigured factories; with every month, they are becoming more […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content