A gold bar is wrapped in a financial newspaper.
GSO Images | Getty Images
Gold prices edged higher in early Asian trade on Tuesday after falling as much as 5.2% in the previous session, as hopes of more U.S. stimulus measures to weather the impact of rising Covid-19 cases nudged investors towards the precious metal as an inflation hedge. Fundamentals
Spot gold rose 0.5% to $1,871.81 per ounce by 0136 GMTIt fell to $1,849.93, its lowest level since Sept. 28, on Monday after U.S. drugmaker Pfizer Inc said its experimental Covid-19 vaccine was more than 90% effective, based on initial trial results.“I still think we’ve got more stimulus coming and the Fed will keep rates low, while a vaccine is going to provide that reflationary impulse … That’s why the markets are still holding onto gold,” said Stephen Innes, chief global market strategist at financial services firm Axi.U.S. gold futures were […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content