Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here!
Editor’s Note: The article was updated to reflect changes in prices. (Kitco News) Gold prices ticked up following worse-than-expected retail sales data from October.
U.S. retail sales rose 0.3% in October following a downwardly revised increase of 1.6% in September, according to the latest data from the U.S. Commerce Department. Economists were expecting to see an increase of 0.5% in last month’s headline number.
After the publication, December Comex gold futures edged up to daily highs, last trading at $1,890.90 down 0.16% on the day.One of the weakest parts of the retail report was purchases of clothing and sporting goods as both contracted 4.2% in October.Core sales, which strip out vehicle sales, advanced 0.2% last month versus the expected 0.6% […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content