Gold prices continued to remain buoyed after rallying on Thursday following the Fed’s interest rates decision. For the week gold has increased by 3.9%. The dollar declined to 2-month lows and yields moved higher. US yields moved higher but this barely impacted gold following a stronger than expected US employment report.
Trade gold with FXTM Technical analysis
Gold prices consolidated Thursday’s gains as gold finally broke out of a tight range. Support on the yellow metal is seen near the 50-day moving average at 1,913, and then the 10-day moving average at 1,904. The 10-day moving average is poised to cross above the 50-day moving average which would mean a short-term uptrend was in place. Short-term momentum is positive as the fast stochastic continued to accelerate higher. Medium-term momentum has turned positive as the MACD (moving average convergence divergence) index generated a crossover buy signal. This occurs as the MACD […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content