Editor’s Note: Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news stories and expert opinions that moved the precious metals and financial markets. Sign up here! (Kitco News) – The gold market has been stuck in a fairly narrow range for nearly two months, and time is quickly running out if the precious metal is going to see a new high above $2,000 an ounce by year-end.
However, one market analyst says that gold’s destination is less important than the journey that it is currently on. In a recent interview with Kitco News, John LaForge, head of real asset strategy at Wells Fargo, said that he is maintaining his updated year-end target at $2,100 an ounce; however, he added that time is running out to achieve that goal. Rather than looking at year-end targets, he said that investors should pay attention to the long-term uptrend.
LaForge noted […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content