GOLD PRICES fell another $20 per ounce in London trade Thursday, sliding within $10 of the cheapest since before August’s new all-time high as new US data beat analyst for forecasts for the summer’s GDP rebound in the world’s largest economy.
Crude oil meantime slid towards 5-month lows at $35 per barrel as the surging second wave of Coronavirus saw France and Germany re-impose national lockdowns while Japan and the Eurozone both failed to add new monetary stimulus.
Economic output in the US grew 33.1% at an annualized rate between June and September, twice the previous best on modern records and putting 2020 on track for a decline of 2.7%.
With the Bureau of Economic Analysis also saying that prices across the US economy rose much faster than Wall Street forecasters expected, currency traders pushed the Dollar up to new 1-week highs, while the London gold price fell to $1860 per ounce, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content