Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold prices remain under pressure as the U.S. economy saw a sharper than expected recovery in the third quarter, according to preliminary data.
Thursday, the U.S. Commerce Department said that the advance estimate of the second-quarter gross domestic product showed that the U.S. economy grew 33.1%, recovering from a 31.4% decline reported in the second quarter.
According to consensus estimates, economists were expecting to see GDP grow 32% in the third quarter.“The increase in third quarter GDP reflected continued efforts to reopen businesses and resume activities that were postponed or restricted due to COVID-19. The full economic effects of the COVID-19 pandemic cannot be quantified in the GDP estimate for the third quarter of […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content