An employee arranges gold bars for a photograph at the YLG Bullion International headquarters in Bangkok, Thailand.
Dario Pignatelli | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Gold prices were little changed on Friday, as fears of an economic impact due to a surge in global cases of Covid-19 countered optimism from the developments in a potential vaccine. Fundamentals
Spot gold was steady at $1,876.92 per ounce by 0044 GMT. It was headed for its worst weekly performance since late-September, declining 3.8% so far.U.S. gold futures were up 0.1% at $1,874.50.The dollar index held steady but was on track for a 0.7% weekly gain.The heads of the Federal Reserve and the European Central Bank welcomed the encouraging results in trials of a vaccine candidate for Covid-19 but stressed that the economic outlook will remain uncertain.The number of Americans filing new claims for unemployment benefits fell to a seven-month low last week, but the pace […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content