A mark of 999.9 fine sits on hallmarked one kilogram gold bullion bars at the Valcambi SA precious metal refinery in Lugano, Switzerland, on April 24, 2018.
Stefan Wermuth | Bloomberg | Getty Images
Gold prices edged down on Tuesday, as cautious investors awaited the outcome of the U.S. presidential election with President Donald Trump closely trailing Democrat Joe Biden in national opinion polls.
Spot gold fell 0.1% to $1,892.73 per ounce by 0533 GMT.U.S. gold futures were little changed at $1,893.20 per ounce.“Sentiment is hanging by a thread at the moment … Everybody is quite unsure where the election is headed to, given the number of possible outcomes,” said Howie Lee, economist at OCBC Bank.As long as there isn’t a Democrat sweep, there will be questions on fiscal stimulus, while an uncertain or contested result will likely favor the dollar and weaken gold, he added.Election polls show Biden with an […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content