VanEck forecasts the price of gold will rise over $US3000 an ounce over the next to three to five years, driven by low real interest rates, blown-out balance sheets and a period of unfettered inflation.
"We’re going to be in a negative real rates environment for a while. That’s a very strong environment for gold and that provides the fundamental backdrop for our forecast," said Mr Foster.
"Countries all over the world have been blowing out their balance sheets by distributing trillions of dollars of QE. We’re seeing liquidity being pumped into the financial system on a scale we’ve never seen before.
"All this liquidity is creating a very high risk to the financial system." We’re living in an era of heightened risks that favour gold as an investment vehicle and I can’t see those risks abating any time soon. Morgan Stanley analysts were less optimistic those conditions would drive a rally […]
Click here to view original web page at www.afr.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!