Editor’s Note: With so much market volatility, stay on top of daily news! Get caught up in minutes with our speedy summary of today’s must-read news and expert opinions. Sign up here!
( Kitco News ) – Gold futures prices are lower in midday U.S. trading Thursday. The precious metals have been hit by a stronger U.S. dollar index this week, and now the slumping crude oil market is also working against the metals market bulls, as well as most of the raw commodity sector. December gold futures were last down $9.00 at $1,870.20 and December Comex silver was last up $0.126 at $23.49 an ounce.
There was important U.S. economic data due for release Thursday morning, including the weekly jobless claims report that was a big more upbeat as expected, and the advance third-quarter GDP estimate that was up a record 33.1% from the second quarter.
Global stock markets were […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content