The Dow Jones Industrial Average fell despite an encouraging jobs report. Uranium stocks were punished after Russia attacked a Ukraine nuclear plant. Tesla ( TSLA ) held up after CEO Elon Musk issued a challenge. Rivian ( RIVN ) plunged.
A trio of stocks managed to make bullish moves despite the challenging action. Public Storage ( PSA ), SandRidge Energy ( SD ) and CMS Energy ( CMS ) tested buy points.
Volatility was up, with the Cboe Volatility Index, or VIX, spiking more than 9%. Volume was running higher on both the New York Stock Exchange and the Nasdaq vs. the same time Thursday, a negative on a down day.
Meanwhile, the yield on the benchmark 10-year Treasury note fell about 12 basis points to 1.73%. Oil was gushing higher, though, with West Texas Intermediate crude rising more than 7%.Stocks were having a torrid time despite a much better than expected […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content