Uranium mining and exploration company Uranium Energy Corp. ( UEC ) in Corpus Christi, Tex., is engaged in pre-extraction, extraction, and processing of uranium in the United States and Paraguay. It holds interest in several projects, including Palangana mine in Texas, Slick Rock in Colorado, and Alto Parana titanium projects in Paraguay.
UEC’s stock has gained 84.1% in price so far this year and 62% over the past month. This can be attributed primarily to uranium prices hitting an eight-year high this month, following the recent launch of an exchange-traded trust by Sprott Asset Management LP and the growing utilization of nuclear power as a low carbon emission energy option.
But UEC’s stock is currently trading 20.7% below its 52-week high of $3.77. Moreover, COVID-19 pandemic-related supply disruptions on uranium mining and issues with processing activities could make it challenging to meet the growing demand. And the industry’s cyclical nature only […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content