Storied investor Rick Rule often talks about how he bought into Paladin Energy (ASX:PDN) at 10c per share back in the mid-2000s. It went down to 1c … then all the way to ~$10 a share, creating fortunes in the process.
John Borshoff is the geologist who founded Paladin Energy in 1993, before taking it from a junior explorer to a $4bn uranium mining company with two operations – ‘Langer Heinrich’ in Namibia, and ‘Kayelekera’ in Malawi.
This puts Borschoff and his team in rarefied air. Paladin is one of only three small cap uranium companies outside of the US to have gone into production over the past 75 years, he says.
In October 2016, Borschoff joined then-$10m market cap uranium explorer Deep Yellow (ASX:DYL) as managing director and chief exec.Deep Yellow, which has three uranium projects in Namibia – Reptile, Nova and Yellow Dune — is now one of a select […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content