Get all the essential market news and expert opinions in one place with our daily newsletter. Receive a comprehensive recap of the day’s top stories directly to your inbox. Sign up here! ( Kitco News ) – The Russia-Ukraine conflict has made energy security a major priority for the United States and Europe, and it’s supporting new investment and development in the nuclear energy sector and increased demand for uranium, according to Scott Melbye, Executive VP of Uranium Energy Corporation and President of the Uranium Producers of America.
“I think Russia-Ukraine really was a wake-up call globally, that energy security really is national security,” he said. “Germany has really stepped in it over the last 10-15 years, moving to this ‘energiewende’ energy policy, which was to move away from fossil fuels, move away from nuclear energy, and rely 100 percent on renewables. Instead what it’s resulted in are electricity prices […]
Click here to view original web page at www.kitco.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!