Recent U.S. Presidents: Debt vs. Coins Added
While precious metals can’t be produced out of thin air, U.S. debt can be financed through central bank money creation. In fact, U.S. debt has skyrocketed in recent years under both Democrat and Republican administrations.
This infographic from Texas Precious Metals compares the increase in public debt to the value of gold and silver coin production during U.S. presidencies. Total Production by Presidential Term
We used U.S. public debt in our calculations, a measure of debt owed to third parties such as foreign governments , corporations, and individuals, while excluding intragovernmental holdings. To derive the value of U.S. minted gold and silver coins, we multiplied new ounces produced by the average closing price of gold or silver in each respective year.Here’s how debt growth stacks up against gold and silver coin production during recent U.S. presidencies:Over each consecutive term, gold and silver coin […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content