Cameco president and CEO Tim Gitzel. Photo courtesy of Cameco Saskatoon-based uranium company Cameco reported its third quarter financial results with a focus on “continued execution” of its “strategy to support global clean-air transition.”
Cameco President and CEO Tim Gitzel said the company will do that by responding to the “growing need for uranium” to generate “safe, clean, reliable, and affordable” electricity.
“Sustainability is at the heart of what we do,” Gitzel said.
“Embedded in all our decisions is a commitment to addressing the environmental, social and governance risks and opportunities that we believe will make our business sustainable over the long term.”Gitzel called the recent increase in uranium spot prices – about 46% since the end of June – a “welcome development” that demonstrates demand from junior uranium companies.“Increasing uranium prices are positive for us. Over time, the market exposure in our contract portfolio will pick up the benefit of rising […]
Click here to view original web page at paherald.sk.ca
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!