Cameco (NYSE: CCJ) is the second-largest uranium producer globally. The company mines uranium at its Saskatchewan, Canada-based Key Lake and Cigar Lake mines. It sells it primarily to utility companies that operate nuclear power plants.
Because uranium has been in a bear market since 2007, investors have had little reason to pay attention to Cameco and other uranium stocks for the past 15 or so years. However, some new trends in the energy markets are building the potential for a new bull run in uranium.
Uranium spot prices have been on the rise over the last few years. The current supply/demand backdrop and the changing public sentiment on nuclear energy make a new bull market in uranium a distinct possibility. Public Opinion on Nuclear Energy Turning
As fossil fuel’s economic and environmental costs reach a fever pitch, the world is aggressively searching for alternative energy sources. And while renewables like solar […]
Click here to view original web page at www.nasdaq.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!