Gold bulls think they see a buying opportunity. Picture: Getty Images share
Gold prices retreated last week on Pfizer’s vaccine news
Price was trading around $US1,880 on Friday – buying opportunity?
TD Securities and Royal Bank of Canada say macro case remains strong Gold prices have dipped following positive news about Pfizer’s coronavirus vaccine candidate – but a number of analyst say the bull case for gold remains.The Royal Bank of Canada and TD Securities last week both made the case for gold even as it tested a crucial support level around $US1,850 an ounce on Pfizer’s news.“Vaccine should ultimately be a boon for gold bugs, as the Fed could keep nominal rates capped while inflation expectations could firm further as a result,” TD Securities strategists wrote on Wednesday .RBC meanwhile said in a note to clients on Thursday that while investor flows to gold had levelled out, an […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content