He is a trend watcher, Global Macro investor and Blogger at worldoutofwhack.com. He has over 20 years of experience in financial markets, bonds, equities, gold, and derivatives. He muses about global macro investment opportunities, economics, business, and financial issues.
1. Vietnam: The China of 1990s or more like Singapore
Vietnam is one of the five fastest-growing countries over the past 30 years As most countries slipped into a deep recession in 2020, Vietnam is one of the few countries to record positive GDP (2.9 per cent) during the pandemic. The country is now in the midst of the worst Covid outbreak with a swathe of factories either shut or slowed down, further disrupting the existing global supply chains.
Its openness to trade and investment, low labor costs, stable currency & capitalist political system had led to remarkable export expansion. So crucial have its factories become to the global […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content