‘Garimpeiro’ columnist Barry FitzGerald has covered the resources industry for 35 years. share
The reasons why the Aussie uranium sector could well claim hot status before long have continued to mount.
Stockhead readers don’t need a roll call of them all but Garimpeiro reckons the most important was the recent advice from Canadian giant Cameco that nuclear power utilities were, at long last, signing long-term contracts again.
Long-term contracts count more than anything in the industry. As Cameco put it in a capital markets call for its profit report, there is no substitute for a full blown utility driven long-term contracting cycle.For Aussie juniors looking to restart a project, or develop a new one, long-term supply contracts are all important. Spot markets are of great interest to the funds specialising in physical uranium, and are handy in gauging uranium’s performance.But the spot price (currently more than 50% higher than the level […]
Click here to view original web page at stockhead.com.au
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!