Each Friday, corporate advisory firm Barclay Pearce highlights the key trading themes of the week, along with which companies and sectors Stockhead readers should be keeping their eye on. Uranium stocks moved back on the investor radar last month, with a couple of ASX plays booking big gains in May.
And in this week’s interview, Barclay’s Head of Trading Trent Primmer flagged it as a sector to watch within his broader commodities thesis. Market mechanics
Spot prices for uranium edged above US$30/pound this week — a 10-month high — after trading in a range between US$25-30/pound through the first half of this year.
At those prices, the economics still don’t stack up for a lot of junior uranium producers so further catalysts will be required for longer-term growth.Assessing the recent price action, Primmer said uranium prices have remained in a state of flux for the past decade since the Fukushima […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content