Yellow cake or uranium concentrate is in a supply squeeze as mine production shuts down. Image: Getty share
Ranger uranium mine’s operator ERA has confirmed it has halted processing operations
BHP’s Olympic Dam and Quasar Resources’ Four Mile are Australia’s only operating uranium mines
ASX uranium explorers poised to benefit from Ranger’s closure The uranium market’s supply side tightened by another notch this week with Energy Resources of Australia (ASX:ERA) , a Rio Tinto subsidiary, halting uranium oxide processing at its Ranger mine site on Friday.The move at Ranger is in line with the mine’s planned gradual winding down of production over the past several years as it heads towards a permanent closure .“Uranium oxide processing at Ranger concludes today, January 8, as required by the Ranger Authority,” said ERA in an ASX statement.The company said it had enough stockpiled ore on its run-of-mine pad to support processing up […]
Click here to view original web page at stockhead.com.au
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!