The urainum market could pick up speed quickly. New York fund managers Leigh Goehring and Adam Rozencwajg have flagged that, as quickly mobilised spot volumes become scarce, speculators could use the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust (SPUT) to push yellowcake prices sharply higher .
SPUT currently has more than 61.7 million pounds of U3O8 under lock and key – and is considered by Goehring and Rozencwajg as a barometer of uranium investor sentiment.
“When investors are bullish on uranium, the Sprott Uranium Trust often trades at a significant premium to the value of its uranium holdings,” they said.
For the latest mining news, sign up here for free Stockhead daily newsletters “Speculators will eventually realise they can bull the Sprott Physical Uranium Trust, force a premium, have the Trust issue shares, and permanently sequester physical material.“Although this strategy would not work in a well-supplied market, it could create sharp price increases when […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content