Things are heating up nicely in the US uranium market.
The US government is now buying US-produced uranium at a premium to ensure they can support the local industry and build up a significant US uranium reserve. Furthermore, there is a bill pending to cut off Russian imports of low-enriched uranium. If passed, there are certain waivers if the US has no other uranium source and any ban would not begin until 2028 . Additionally, Congress is considering steps to further bolster US nuclear fuel production capacity via the Nuclear Fuel Security Act.
As announced on June 1, 2023: “ The House Energy and Commerce Committee has advanced a bill to the chamber’s floor that, with certain exceptions, would ban the import of low-enriched uranium from Russia into the United States……the Prohibiting Russian Uranium Imports Act (H.R. 1042) was approved in a (slightly) bipartisan 29–21 vote on May 24. “ As […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content