Despite being subdued initially U.S. stocks registered a strong rally at the end of the last week.
Despite being subdued initially U.S. stocks registered a strong rally at the end of the last week despite Russia’s invasion of Ukraine. Bargain-hunting for beaten-down stocks amid geopolitical tensions led to risk-on sentiments. Moreover, as per some market analysts, western sanctions against Russia have not been as harsh as initially feared. Plus, there have been reports that Russia is open to negotiating with Ukraine, even as Russian troops are approaching the capital of Ukraine, Kyiv. The Dow Jones dropped 0.06% past week against an 0.82% uptick in the S&P 500 Index and a 1.1% rise in the Nasdaq Composite. Since the Dow Jones’ underperformance was more pronounced amid the Russia-Ukraine tensions, relief rally offered the beleaguered index the maximum gains. The Dow Jones logged the best single-day gain since late 2020 on Feb […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content