Uranium and nuclear stocks are in the spotlight with several news items leading to investors searching for stocks with exposure to the sector.
For years, nuclear energy was considered an energy source not favored by many and has faced regulatory hurdles to continue. Here is a look at the latest developments in the sector and new people supporting nuclear energy and some stocks to watch.
What Happened: Several notable names are voicing support for nuclear power.
“Unless susceptible to extreme natural disasters, nuclear power plants should not be shut down,” Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA) CEO Elon Musk tweeted last month.Among the reasons for more energy is that usage is expected to rise significantly in the U.S. and elsewhere with the increased numbers of electric vehicles, such as those from Tesla. Twitter Inc (NYSE: TWTR) co-founder and Block Inc (NYSE: SQ) CEO Jack Dorsey also voiced support for nuclear power.“Generating more energy, […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content