The short to medium-term outlook for gold depends on whether or not Joe Biden can maintain his lead into the White House, or if Donald Trump can beat current odds and win, said Kai Hoffman, founder and managing director of SOAR Financial Partners.
“If Trump wins we might see a small sell-off [in gold] again, just because of risk off, and we see more certainty or more security in the space and the U.S. dollar might actually strengthen. If Biden really prevails and pulls through then we’ll probably see a run in gold in my opinion,” Hoffman told Kitco News.
Currently, betters place odds in Joe Biden’s favor.
In 2016 and 2012, gold sold off following the election for a month.As the election unfolds, several countries around the world, including Germany and France, are going back into lockdown in the wake of rising COVID-19 cases.However, the effects of another lockdown in Europe […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content