The gold price will benefit from either party’s win, but short term, the yellow metal faces bearish pressure, is the conclusion of Gary Wagner, editor of the GoldForecast.com.
“Let’s first look at the scenario if Trump wins. Because he is a Republican, he still will need to pass fiscal stimulus in terms of an aid package. He has agreed to $1.8 trillion while the House has been fighting for $2.2 trillion. Although they’re not that far apart, I would expect them to dig in fairly deeply. On the other hand, if we see a Democrat win for the presidential election, I think that fiscal spending will be much larger because of the reforms of the Democrats seem to favor big government spending,” he said.
Either way, gold is set to rise should there be a fiscal stimulus package, Wagner said.
Short-term, the moving average trends are pointing to bearish action for gold.“Based […]
Click here to view original web page at www.kitco.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!