The Nasdaq ($NASX) remains near 52-week highs, up 31.77% year-to-date, which is its best annual first half in the last four decades. Meanwhile, the S&P 500 ($SPX) had its best monthly performance since October 2022, with the Dow ($DOWI) having its best since November.
However, concerns over a mild recession or even an economic meltdown persist around the world. There are a variety of reasons for this concern, including that the two-year to 10-year yield curve is now at its deepest inversion since 1981 . And although Americans didn’t see a rate hike in June, the Federal Reserve was still clear there could be one again in July and likely a another one toward the end of the year.
With that in mind, investors may be taking some protective measures in terms of their investment portfolios. One such area includes uranium stocks, with spot prices of uranium up about 15% in […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content