Visualizing the Past and Future of Energy Transitions
As the world gears up for clean energy, looking back at the history of energy transitions can help identify lessons for the future.
What have shifts in the global energy system looked like in the past, and how can we accelerate the ongoing transition?
The above infographic sponsored by CanAlaska Uranium explores the history of shifts in the global energy mix and highlights the key to a faster clean energy transition. This is Part 1 of 4 in the Road to Energy Utopia series . Energy Transitions: A Brief History Prior to the 1800s, people mainly relied on biomass like wood, dry leaves, and charcoal for heating and energy. Carriages driven by animals were the primary means of transport.The first energy transition, from biomass to coal , began with the Industrial Revolution. This shift was largely driven by the rise […]
Click here to view original web page at www.visualcapitalist.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!