hile the rest of the equity market has been stagnating, uranium sector-specific exchange traded funds have rallied on the surging prices of rare earth metals.
On Friday, the VanEck Vectors Rare Earth/Strategic Metals ETF (REMX) gained 2.5%, North Shore Global Uranium Mining ETF (NYSE: URNM) increased 11.8%, and Global X Uranium ETF (URA) advanced 9.3%. Over the past month, REMX rose 5.1%, URNM gained 37.2%, and URA added 27.8%.
The price of raw uranium, or so-called yellowcake, has surged to its highest level since 2014, driven largely by a new investment trust run by Canadian asset manager Sprott, the Financial Times reports.
Many are betting that nuclear power could be a key component of the shift away from dirty fossil fuels. Additionally, the lack of new uranium mines could further support the move higher.The recently launched Sprott Physical Uranium Trust has accumulated about 6 million pounds of physical uranium, or about $240 […]
Click here to view original web page at www.nasdaq.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!