UEC has been an active consolidator in the uranium space this past year.
Management seems to believe that a North American-based portfolio can provide advantages.
This aggressive consolidation strategy is not without its risks. JacobH Uranium Energy Corp (NYSE: UEC ) is a US-based uranium company with projects in several states as well as Canada and Paraguay. And although it currently doesn’t mine any uranium, it has been an active consolidator in the space; completing two major buyouts this year alone.The company is growing its asset portfolio in anticipation of substantially higher uranium prices in the not-too-distant future. Management believes that creating a North American-based portfolio that is, nevertheless, geographically diversified within the US and Canada can provide the company with future advantages. That seems like a reasonable strategy given recent geopolitical tensions and the US government’s renewed emphasis on securing energy supply chains.However, the company’s aggressive deal-making […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content