The Mali-based Loulo-Gounkoto complex includes Loulo underground mines, Yalea Gara and the Gounkoto open pit mine. Credit: Barrick Gold Over the June 26-30 trading period, the S&P/TSX Composite Index advanced 737.06 points or 3.8% to 20,155.29. The S&P/TSX Global Mining Index rose 2.01 points or 1.93% to 106.16 and the S&P/TSX Global Base Metals Index added 4.63 points or 2.53% to 187.86. The S&P/TSX Global Gold Index rose by 4.38 points or 1.6% to 278.69 and spot gold ended the week down US$18.45 or 0.96% per oz. lower, at US$1912.25 per ounce.
Teck Resources shares saw the greatest value gain over the session, after gold royalty company Franco Nevada , which rose 5.2% to $188.81 on no news. Teck’s B class shares rose $3.60 to $55.74 while its A class shares gained $4.15 to close at $56.20. Since rejecting Glencore’s takeover approach in April, Teck has revised its restructuring […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content