The recently announced plans of the US to refuse imports of Russian uranium and to accelerate domestic production could lead to turmoil in the global uranium market and lead to the change of balance of power in the new leading players and suppliers.
Recently a group of US senators from the Republican and Democratic parties introduced a bill to impose an embargo on Russian uranium. The US Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources believes that the country may refuse its further use while also having the resources to boost domestic uranium mining.
Most analysts, however, believe that possible restrictions may hit not only the US market itself, but also contribute to price increases for uranium fuel around the world that could result in the closure of nuclear power plants.
Analysts also believe that introduction of the ban will shock the US market, as the share of Russian uranium suppliers is significant, […]
Click here to view original web page at resourceworld.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!