Vancouver, BC –News Direct– MarketJar Pixabay Russia’s state-owned nuclear power conglomerate, Rosatom, is suspected of supplying the Russian arms industry with components, technology, and raw materials for missile fuel. The military supplies were delivered to more than a half-dozen major weapon manufacturers, assisting Moscow’s ongoing assault on Ukraine. 1
This has increased the possibility that the US, and perhaps the European Union, will impose sanctions on Rosatom, which exports uranium for use in nuclear reactors.
The US is heavily reliant on Russian nuclear fuel, but American companies have some options if Rosatom is faced with sanctions.
After the Cold War ended, US and Russian leaders agreed that Russia would dismantle some of its nuclear weapons, downgrade the uranium and send it to the US to be repurposed and used in civilian nuclear reactors in what was known as the megaton to megawatt program. Over the course of the 20-year program, which […]
Click here to view original web page at news.google.com
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!