Image credit: [WikiImages]@pixabay A French nuclear fuels company which mines for uranium in Niger, says its operations are continuing in the conflict-ridden West African nation.
This comes as reports suggested that Niger, which had been hit by a military coup last week, had suspended uranium and gold exports to France.
The Orano group, in updates on July 28 and August 1, said it has been present in Niger for 50 years through three companies incorporated under Niger law.
“To date, activities at the operational sites in Arlit and at the headquarters in Niamey are continuing with an adapted organisation in the context of the curfew in place throughout Niger,” said Orano.The Group further stated that the security of all the employees in Niger as well as that of our operational sites continues to be ensured with reinforced vigilance.“Orano’s management continues to monitor the events with the utmost attention, in liaison with […]
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content