All too easy. Via Getty share
Guy on Rocks’ is a Stockhead series looking at the significant happenings of the resources market each week. Former geologist and experienced stockbroker Guy Le Page, director, and responsible executive at Perth-based financial services provider RM Corporate Finance, shares his high conviction views on the market and his “hot stocks to watch”. Market Ructions: All quiet on the Western Front
A relatively quiet week if the VIX index (figure 1) is anything to go by which closed at under 17 well below the 5 year mean and median. Major indices were also little moved as US, European and UK PMI figures came in higher than expected. The US came in at 53.5 (consensus 51.2) while Europe came in at 54.4 (consensus 53.7).
The market is now waiting for what looks like an almost certain interest rate rise next week around the 25-basis point mark […]
Click here to view original web page at stockhead.com.au
- Do contribute something to the discussion
- Do post factual information, analysis and your view on company valuations
- Do disclose if you have an interest in a security
- Do not make low-content posts, unsubstantiated ramps or untruthful/misleading statements
- Do not complain about a post unless you have reported it first, and not on the forum.
- Do not post financial advice
- Do not advertise or post sponsored content
Come and join our community. Expand your network and get to know new people!